Event: Greenhouse Vegetable Production Workshop
Are you a greenhouse vegetable grower? Meister Media contributor Merle Jensen is organizing an exclusive workshop for you at the University of Arizona in November.
August 25, 2009
An exclusive workshop for greenhouse vegetable growers will be held at the Controlled Environment Agriculture Center (CEAC) at the University of Arizona in Tucson from November 1-4. The following subjects will be presented in detail by 10 senior authorities on greenhouse vegetable cropping systems.
- Design construction for greenhouse structures and monitoring your environment
- Computers and instrumentation
- Growing media choices
- Transplant production including grafting procedures for plant vigor and disease resistance
- Design of your fertilizer injector system
- Fertigation management, mineral nutrition and design of your nutrient formula
- EC management and its influence on fruit flavor
- The story on tomatoes and their relationship to VPD
- Steering your plants toward profit
- Crop registration and daily records
- Diseases and insects with biological control technologies
- Packaging and marketing
The workshop is limited to 50 people. The total registration fee is $4,885 with a discount of $400 if payment is received by September 1. Registration fee includes four nights lodging and all meals.
As soon as your pre-registration is received, you will be assigned a registrant number. To pre-register or for information on speakers and the hotel, contact Merle Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.