This Year's Top Horti Fair Products
Hundreds of new products and services are introduced at Horti Fair each year, but only a handful are nominated for the Horti Fair Innovation Award. This year, 10 products and services were nominated a technical category. What are they?
September 11, 2009
Hundreds of new products and services are introduced at Horti Fair each year, but only a handful are nominated by an international jury of experts for the Horti Fair Innovation Award. This year, 18 products and services were nominated, including 10 in a Horti Tech category. Those products are as follows:
- The Lumenex 5.60 from Boal Systemen, a new greenhouse roof that has an advantage of translucence in addition to the Double PVC system for improved energy control, water tightness and durability.
- i4Energy from Hoogendorn, an application that collects all information relating to crops, climate and energy.
- Hortiquip's staking machine, which uses triangle laser technology to position stakes, including the automatic fitting of clips.
- The Knook 'Waste to CO2' from Knook Energy Solutions International, a process for the conversion of biomass into electricity, carbon dioxide and heat.
- The Active Ventilation System (AVS) from van Dijk Heating, a system that uses relatively dry outside air for the dehumidification of greenhouse air, making a substantial difference to natural gas consumption with good air distribution ensuring maximum efficiency.
- The LT gauge pressure humidity control system from Lek/Habo Groep, which eliminates humidity problems in growing floricultural and vegetable crops.
- Energiewand from Maurice Kassenbouw, a ventilation system integrated into the side wall of a greenhouse for savings on energy and carbon dioxide, the basic version of which regulates humidity and uses the screens to save energy.
- The Qlure-TUA from Russell IPM, a Tuta absoluta pheromone lure for the monitoring and mass trapping of the tomato leaf miner Tuta absoluta.
- The Lemnis Oreon COMBI 16W/E27 from Lemnis Lighting, which replaces a 100-watt incandescent lamp used for cyclic lighting and produces an equal amount of PAR light with more than 80 percent less energy.
- The SanAquastore from Wilk van der Sande, which uses advanced technology to store clean rainwater underground and pumps it back up again.
For more information on Horti Fair, visit Hortifair.com.