2010 Field Trials: Oklahoma State University
October 20, 2010
Best in Show:
Catharanthus roseus 'Titan Dark Red.' This entry provided a vibrant deep, deep color in a quite uniform manner on the beefiest of plants
Top 5 Varieties Overall:
1. Petunia xhybrida 'Opera Supreme Salmon'
2. Zinnia interspecific 'Double Zahara Fire'
3. Echinacea purpurea 'PowWow Wild Berry'
4. Sanvitalia procumbens 'Show Yellow'
5. Tagetes erecta 'Moonsong Deep Orange'
Number of entries:
There were 187 entries; many of these were duplications above ground in Smart Pots.
There was a generally favorable period late spring through early summer, which included some very generous rains. Midsummer became consistently very hot and dry, with many days over 100 degrees.
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City