Online Videos From Syngenta Give Growers Employee Training Insight
Visit Syngenta's site for tips on chemical application and IPM.
February 26, 2009
Syngenta Professional Products has added five new greenhouse sprayer videos on its GreenCast website. They can be found under the "Resource" section. Syngenta developed these videos to help greenhouse growers better train their staff on the effective and accurate use of control products.
The five new videos, which feature Syngenta ornamental technical manager Nancy Rechcigl, are:
- Improve product efficacy - see how practices like measuring droplet size, increasing spray volume and replacing nozzles can make a difference in product delivery and results
- Why apply Plant Growth Regulators (PGRs) early? - learn how early application methods can improve the bottom line
- Curb disease before it starts - find out how changing spray techniques and equipment can help reduce the spread of fungal diseases
- Perfect your IPM program - learn helpful tips for insect management
- Prepare with a PGR - see how using plant growth regulators can be a cost-effective strategy, especially as a drench late in the production cycle
"We recognize growers' need for ongoing training and wanted to provide videos that are easy to download, quick to watch and have visual instruction," says Bert Wagemans, ornamental market lead for Syngenta Professional Products. "Syngenta is a committed partner in the ornamental industry, and we will continue to provide quality tools to help growers use our products more effectively."
GreenCast registration is free. The site can be fully customized to display only the tools and resources that growers choose for their operation.
Registered users may view the videos by logging into www.greencastonline.com/sprayervideo. The full library of 17 nursery and greenhouse videos can be downloaded for free by GreenCast subscribers.