Top 10 Clicks of 2006
Highlights from our Benchrunner e-newsletter
June 16, 2008
1. Pack Trials 2006: The intrepid duo of Allan Armitage and Delilah Onofrey made their sometimes circuitous route around to Pack Trials sites, and you joined them in record numbers for our number one spot.
2. Horti Fair 2006: Our international news desk was christened this year with on-location coverage from the Amsterdam RAI Center by Brad Kenney.
3. Costa Expands Northeast: This story detailed the acquisition of Hines Horticulture property in Pennsylvania by Costa Nursery Farms, giving them a production/distribution footprint all the way up the East Coast.
4. Fashion In Bloom 2006: The second installment of this East Coast floricultural showcase was another banner year, both for the event itself and for coverage by GG’s Sara Tambascio.
5. Ten Hottest Trends In Gardening: Recorded and reported on-location from the Perennial Production Conference where luminaries like Katy Moss Warner, Mary Walters, Peter Konjoian and others gave their visions of floriculture’s future.
6. MerryGro Liquidates Through Online Auction: Some stories are just built for the Web, and when a major Florida grower is selling all their equipment online, it makes the reasons why e-media is taking off obvious indeed.
7. OFA’s Web Site Hijacked!: Two weeks before Short Course, and word suddenly needs to get out about a substitute site for online registration? Benchrunner to the rescue!
8. Dickerson’s Gets Energy Grant: The home of Poinsettia Pete goes green, with a biomass boiler system, to stay in the black.
9. Tie, Ecke Buys Oglevee/Syngenta Buys Fafard: The trend toward supplier consolidation continued in 2006 with these major acquisitions.
10. Grower Survey On Alternative Fuels: The interactivity available to us became clear with your overwhelmingly positive response on this important topic, which we then used in our Energy Series article.