The Wind and Rain Alarm from Bartlett Instrument senses wind speed and rain to adjust roof vent openings.
June 20, 2008
The Bartlett Wind and Rain Alarm (WR) works with Bartlett controllers, alerting them to adjust roof vent openings in response to outdoor conditions. Sensing wind speed and rain, the WR issues an alarm to the controller in excessive weather conditions based on settings chosen by the user. In addition to rain and wind detection, the WR offers optional humidity and outdoor temperature detection. The WR also collects and stores wind speed data and other weather information.
The alarm offers a sensor for three levels of rain, as well as wind speeds, in both English and metric units. It can be programmed to respond immediately to changing weather conditions, or on a programmed delay.
The WR can record the last wind and rain alarms and maximum wind speed for up to seven days. It also can be connected to warning lights, an audible alarm and an automatic dialer or Computer Interface Software (CIS) from Bartlett Instrument. The unit includes the WR, anemometer, rain sensor and transformer.
- Programmable wind activated set point and delay
- Programmable wind drop-out set point and delay
- English or metric units (wind speed, temperature)
- Three levels of rain sensor sensitivity
- Programmable interval for wind speed averaging
- Retains wind/rain alarm and maximum wind speed
- Optional outdoor temperature and humidity readings
- Multiple alarm outputs - wind, rain or both
- Computer Interface Software (CIS) ready for data collection
- Can be programmed to respond immediately to weather changes, or after programmed delays
- Can be connected to warning lights, an audible alarm or Computer Interface Software (CIS)
- Can record the last wind/rain alarms and the maximum wind speed for up to seven days