June 20, 2008
Liners For Landscape
Ball Ornamentals, a new division of Ball Horticultural Co. supplying the nursery industry with unique trees, perennials and shrubs selected for the landscape, announces its product offering. The division is starting with a focused line-up of new varieties available from Ball's dedicated propagation network. Products include:
- Abelia 'Lavender Mist' - Features colorful blooms, bred by the University of Georgia.
- Abelia 'Plum Surprise' - Colorful foliage, bred by the University of Georgia.
- Abelia 'Raspberry Profusion' - Brightly colored flowers, bred by the University of Georgia.
- Agonis flexuosa 'After Dark' - Dark, almost black foliage.
- Agonis flexuosa 'Burgundy' - Burgundy foliage.
- Campsis tagliabuana 'Kudian' - Grafted onto standards for patio containers and dramatic landscape applications.
- Cercis canadensis 'Forest Pansy' - Grafted for a fast finish and quick sales.
- Hibiscus rosa-sinensis - Bold, exciting flower colors for patio planters.
- Lagerstroemia indica 'Whit II' - Grafted onto standards for patios and landscapes.
- Phormium - A unique line of colorful foliage that finishes quickly.
- Photinia 'Parred' - Deep red foliage with a compact growth habit.
- Photinia 'Parbri' - Bold, bright red foliage with a compact growth habit.
- Physocarpus opulifolius 'Lady In Red' - A compact growth habit featuring pink flowers and burgundy foliage.
- Rhaphiolepis indica 'Oriental Pearl' - Clear white flowers with a compact habit.
Ball Ornamentals also offers several other product lines, including a wide range of perennials, grafted specialty products from Hochburg Nursery, grafted citrus products from TreeSource Citrus and grafted grapevines from Herrick Grapevines.
For more information, visit www.ballornamentals.com
In a throwback to the '70s, EuroAmerican Propagators' new RetroSucculents is a line of unique, structural succulents that are perfect for today's busy consumers, who demand all the style without the hassle. Naturally low-maintenance, the durability and low water usage of these succulents forgive even the most neglectful owner. These resilient plants will greet hardworking professionals with a splash of green or blue or silver at the end of a long day or business trip. The water conserving aspect of RetroSucculents makes them not only fashionable but environmentally friendly.
"RetroSucculents are designed to thrive," says Dave Doolittle, marketing director for EuroAmerican. "These low-maintenance plants are nearly carefree and are sure to be a conversation piece, adding a bit of flare and individuality to the garden or home."
A few highlights from the 16-variety series include:
- 'Grassy Lassie' aloe - Deep green, narrow, grass-like leaves are accentuated with bright orange flowers. Blooms all year in full sun and part shade.
- 'Fire And Ice' echeveria - Seafoam-colored leaves with pink margins enjoy full sun and part shade and grow 6 to 10 inches tall.
- 'Reggae Time' agave - Leaf edges sport highly decorative, dark brown teeth that curve away from and back toward the plant's center.
For more information, visit www.pweuro.com.