New Varieties Guide 2009: Goldsmith Seeds
June 11, 2009
Editor's Note: The information below was included in the print version of the New Varieties Guide under the listing of Syngenta Flowers.
You could say the trials underwent an extreme makeover at Goldsmith Seeds this year. To make room for displays from new parent company Syngenta Flowers, Goldsmith took out all the benches that had been there for decades, cut them in half and relaid the floor to open up the space. Displays were organized in seasonal vignettes, on which Goldsmith worked with the John Henry Co. for merchandising concepts.
Rudbeckia 'Tiger Eye,' our Reader's Choice winner from last year, is getting a big summer push at retail this summer with custom pots. Goldsmith's big introductions on the seed side this year include a trailing version of Cora vinca, called Cora Cascade, in five colors. Big Kiss gazanias are a beefier version of the kisses in White Flame and Yellow Flame. Mammoth pansies are a new extra-large flowered series in 11 colors.
- Aromas snapdragons - seven colors
- Big Kiss gazanias - two colors
- Cora Cascade vincas - five colors
- Dianthus 'Fandango Purple Picotee'
- Mammoth pansies - 11 colors
- Orbit Synchro geraniums - five colors
- Orion primulas - Violet and Rose Frost
- Picobella milliflora petunias - Red and Salmon
- Ranunculus 'Magic Yellow'
- Sierra Synchro cyclamen - eight colors
- Tuscany verbena - Blue and Silver