Ellepot Papers Now VeriFlora Approved
Two types of papers Ellepot USA uses are now certified as VeriFlora approved input materials.
October 28, 2009
According to VeriFlora, some of the sustainable attributes related to the use of Ellepot EP and VP papers include:
- Degradable papers produce less waste and environmental impact than alternatives such as plastic pots.
- EP and VP papers are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified from well-managed forests.
- Ellepot paper is, in many cases, sustainable cheaper than plastic pots.
- One roll of paper is equivalent to about 17,000 4-inch pots. One pallet of paper holds 32 times that, or 540,000 pots, taking up much less space (and weight) on a pallet, allowing greater efficiency in transportation.
- The Ellepot reduces the amount of planting media needed and avoids root shock when transplanting by keeping the soil secured around the root system.
"Ellepot USA is proud to have two of our paper types approved as VeriFlora input materials," says Lars Peter Jensen, national sales manager of Ellepot USA. "In business, sustainability means ensuring the work we do today makes our business stronger for tomorrow."
For more information about VeriFlora certification, visit VeriFlora.com. Learn more about Ellepot USA at Ellepot-USA.com.