Six students were selected from a pool of 36 students who applied to the annual OFA Scholars program. The six are:
– Thomas Baker–Clemson University
– Chris Currey–Purdue University
– Chris D’Angelo–Cornell University
– Morgan Jenkins–Kansas State University
– Jim “Chip” Moylan–Michigan State University
– Heather Pariso–Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute
The purpose of the OFA Scholars program is to expose students to various facets of the floriculture industry they would not typically experience as part of their regular academic coursework. The focus of OFA Scholars is on professional development, including attending education sessions, networking, and working with an industry mentor at the OFA Short Course.
Last year’s OFA Scholars enjoyed meeting with Anna Ball and Marvin Miller of Ball Horticultural Company, Tom Smith and Dennis Crum of Four Star Greenhouse and Dr. Bridget Behe of Michigan State University.