America In Bloom Elects New Officers And Board Members At Its Annual Meeting
During its recent annual meeting on March 5, America in Bloom elected a slate of new board members and officers:
• Katy Moss Warner, President Emeritus of the American Horticultural Society, was elected President of the Board
• Evelyn Alemanni of ALLEA and Tony Ferrara of Arroyo Consulting Group, were elected 1st and 2nd Vice Presidents, respectively
• Dr. Marvin Miller, Ball Horticultural Company, was elected Treasurer
• Dr. Jack Clasen was elected Secretary
• Dr. Charlie Hall, Texas A&M University, will serve as the Past President.
In addition, Linda Hart of Holland, MI, Walter Heath of Morro Bay, CA, and Leslie Pittenger of Belpre, OH, were elected as new board members.
“We are very pleased to welcome Linda, Walter, and Leslie to our board of directors,” Warner says. “America in Bloom is celebrating its 15th anniversary. Having the expertise and proven leadership of these three outstanding community leaders will help us to position the organization for continued growth in the next 15 years.”
Linda Hart is Community Outreach Coordinator for the Holland, MI, Visitors Bureau. Her role is to increase awareness of the organization and its resources to the area’s businesses for their corporate business travels.
Walter Heath is a retired biochemist from Morro Bay, CA, a five-bloom AIB city. He is the co-founder and president of Morro Bay in Bloom, and recognizes how participation in AIB has raised awareness of the importance of green spaces for creating economic development.
Leslie Pittenger is City Auditor for Belpre, OH, and volunteers for numerous local organizations. As an active member of the Belpre Garden Club and Belpre High School Greenhouse boosters, she works with local students to complete environmental and beautification projects.
Others on the board of directors are:
• Bobby Barnitz, Bob’s Market & Greenhouse
• Drew Becher
• Marshall Dirks, Proven Winners
• Dale Fisher, Jon Carloftis Fine Gardens
• Edith Makra, Metropolitan Mayors Caucus
• John Manchester, Mayor of Lewisburg, WV
• Diana Weiner, Gerry Foundation