AmericanHort’s newly appointed Industry Advocacy Committee held its first virtual meeting on September 22. The diverse committee includes the perspectives of seasoned veterans and emerging leaders who share a commitment to the horticulture industry’s success.
The committee will develop the extent and manner in which AmericanHort pursues and implements actions to influence legislation, regulation and public policy. It is one of only three standing committees in the new AmericanHort, underscoring the vital importance of advocacy work on behalf of our members. The other standing committees oversee finance and leadership.
In its first meeting, the committee discussed the status of ongoing legislative, regulatory and other policy initiatives and discussed priorities going forward.
Committee members include:
- Randy Davis, Co-chairman, Greenleaf Nursery Co., Oklahoma
- Marvin Miller, PhD, Co-Chairman, Ball Horticultural Co., Illinois
- Joe Bailey, Bailey Nurseries, Minnesota
- Halsey Beshears, Simpson Nurseries, Florida
- Joe Burns (AmericanHort board liaison), Color Burst, Georgia
- Terri Cantwell (AmericanHort board liaison), Bates Sons & Daughters, Florida
- Michael Frantz, Frantz Wholesale Nursery, California
- Doug Cole, D.S. Cole Growers, New Hampshire
- Brent Furbee, Riverbend Nursery, Virginia
- Michelle Harvey, Lakeview Nurseries, Massachusetts
- Bert Lemkes, Van Wingerden International, North Carolina
- Dan Nelson, Nelson & Sons Nursery, Oregon
- Peter Stuyt, Total Energy Group, California
- Rob Swanekamp, Jr., Kube-Pak, New Jersey
- Kim Lovelace Young, Forrest Keeling Nursery, Missouri