Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association (FNGLA) has awarded a group of individuals through its FNGLA Industry Awards Program for their contributions to the industry. This year’s winners were honored during FNGLA’s Annual Convention in Coral Gables on June 13, as part of FNGLA’s Annual Meeting.
FNGLA’s Industry Awards Program acknowledges both FNGLA and industry service, with varying criteria geared for each award. Nominations are accepted from the industry-at-large and winners are selected by a committee of industry peers.
FNGLA’s Annual Convention brings together industry leaders, FNGLA members and industry friends while celebrating the past year of success. New FNGLA leaders take their official reigns and award recipients are acknowledged for their service. This year’s event saw over 200 attendees, the most in recent history.
The Wendell Butler Award and the FNGLA Hall of Fame are recognized as the most prestigious awards given by FNGLA. The Wendell Butler Award is presented for service to FNGLA and the FNGLA Hall of Fame Award is a lifetime achievement award. Nominations are accepted from the industry at large.
- FNGLA Hall of Fame Inductee: Hugh Gramling, Tampa Bay Wholesale Growers (Plant City, Fla.), retired
- Wendell E. Butler Award: Theresa & Kevin Riley, FCHP, Rockledge Gardens (Rockledge, Fla.)
- Farm Credit / FNGLA Young Nursery Professional: Richard May, May Nursery (Havana, Fla.)
- FNGLA Outstanding Volunteer Member: Deb Joneck, Florida Coast Equipment, Inc. (Boynton Beach, Fla.)
- FNGLA Outstanding Educator: Stephen Greer, FCHP, South Dade Senior High (Homestead, Fla.)
- FNGLA Friend of the Industry: Tyson Emery, FDACS Division of Plant Industry (Gainesville, Fla.)
- FNGLA Outstanding Chapter President: Amanda Hébert, Big Earth Landscape Supply, Inc. (Tampa, Fla.), FNGLA Tampa Bay Chapter
- FNGLA Outstanding Chapter Secretary: Chandler Green, Green Heron Landscapes (Naples, Fla.), FNGLA Royal Palm Chapter