Planning on attending Cultivate’16 in July? As part of Greenhouse Grower RETAILING‘s Summer Show Preview series, we’ve tracked down the things you’ll want to do, from catching a screening of the documentary “Gangster Gardener” to checking out the new cultivars at The Ohio State University’s trial gardens.
What Is Cultivate?
Cultivate’16 is the largest all-industry trade show in North America and has more than 130 educational sessions, an 8-acre (and growing) trade show, and plenty of networking activities to keep you busy for four days straight.
“With cutting-edge educational sessions dedicated specifically to your industry segment, impactful keynote experiences, and a trade show with products and services for all facets of your business, Cultivate is your opportunity to get it all done and have an incredible experience,” says Communications & Media Relations Specialist Laura Kunkle.
It takes place at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, OH, from July 9 through 12.
Stuff You’ll Want To Do
- “Can You Dig This” Film Screening. This film features the story of the Los Angeles “Gangster Gardener,” who is transforming a community through plants.
- Franklin Park Conservatory Landscape Tour. Learn to create world-class designs, stroll the grounds to see exciting plant varieties, and network with your peers.
- OSU Cultivars Trial. See and evaluate 700 annual and perennial varieties of new and recently introduced cultivars.
- Cultivate Block Party. Conferences and events are more than just learning and business – they’re supposed to be fun, too! Come for laughs, handshakes, smiles, and stories.
- Unplugged – Come to Cultivate’s popular event where you can relax, be yourself, and meet people with the same passion for plants, ambition for success, and hopes for the future.
- SHIFT. AmericanHort, the industry association that hosts Cultivate, funded in-depth research into consumer behavior and attitudes to garden retail. Several classes and exhibits will be at Cultivate to help you learn more about SHIFT.
- Unplugged Trivia – Friendly team trivia competition at Cultivate’s always popular and fun networking event.
- Registration Location Change – Due to an impressive renovation at the Columbus Convention Center, registration will be located in the Connector area that bridges the convention center with the Hyatt Regency. More space, more people to help you get through the registration system, and more do-it-yourself registration kiosks for those interested in self-service.
- Cultivate Concierge – You’re a VIP at Cultivate, so the Concierge will be able to answer your questions and take care of your on site needs.