For the second year in a row, show organizers for “EIGC — The Eastern Show for IGCs” and “IGC Show Chicago” have launched free event planning apps now available for download in the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Independent garden center retailers can map their show-attendance strategies and get all of the EIGC/IGC Retailer Conference sessions, free keynotes, garden center tours, and Tuesday party and concert information on their Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
These special features put show information at attendees’ fingertips so they can plan ahead for the two shows, which take place, respectively, at the Valley Forge Casino Resort in Philadelphia August 2-4, and at Chicago’s Navy Pier, August 16-18.
• Day at a Glance & Save to Your Device — Plan the day with listings of the free keynotes, conference sessions, networking events, and more. In the full schedule, individual events can be saved to personal calendars by clicking the “+Calendar” button.
• Full Details of the EIGC/IGC Retailer Conference, featuring Matt Britton, America’s leading expert on selling to millennials — Get the full list of sessions at this year’s new interactive EIGC/IGC Retailer Conference, featuring five tracks to garden centers profits, including Britton’s “YouthNation: Millennials Demystified.”
• Tuesday’s EIGC/IGC Retailer Conference Sampler — Tuesday morning’s conference sessions are free, with no All-Access Pass required to attend, and no RSVP needed. Join Judy Sharpton and Steve Bailey as they get the conversation started in an interactive conference format.
• Three Free Keynotes with Schedules and Descriptions — Read all about the three free Keynotes at each show, and get the dates and times on your calendar.
• Pre-Concert Playlists — Get ready for Tuesday evening’s free EIGC Show Opening Night Party & Concert with video of disco diva Gloria Gaynor performing her biggest hits before she takes the stage at Valley Forge Casino Resort. In advance of their free live concert at IGC Show Chicago’s 10-Year Birthday Bash, a playlist highlights video of REO Speedwagon performing a selection of their greatest hits.
• Get Social — Post your best pictures from the shows at the apps’ LiveAlbum photo-sharing feature.