The 2016 Farwest Show, which takes place Aug. 25-27 in Portland, OR, blends ideas, knowledge, connections, and products, with a strong emphasis on plants.
Farwest continues to strengthen its retail products focus on the show floor to provide hard good buyers with more opportunities to discover new suppliers to round out product offerings. Overall, Farwest will showcase more than 400 exhibitors for more than 6,000 attendees from around the world. Experts from all segments of the industry will deliver 80 educational sessions including 40-plus hours of seminars and 45 mini-seminars that will take place on the show floor at the Solution Center for Growers and the Idea Center for Retailers.
Here’s a snapshot of just some of the events and activities you’ll want to check out.
• Walk The Show Floor With Experts. Join retail guru Judy Sharpton, plantsman Dan Hinkley, and more as they lead small groups through the show floor, pointing out their favorite products, and plants, and highlighting what’s new.
• Nursery Country And Retail Tours. This year’s tours boast some of Oregon’s finest nursery, greenhouse, and retail operations, showcasing the vast array of plants and products you can find in nursery country.
• Growers Showcase. Highlighting “Plants with a Purpose,” this year’s focus will be pollinators, featuring pollinator-friendly products and plants.
• New Varieties Showcase. One of the show’s most popular destinations, this is the place to discover the latest plant releases and introductions.
• Keynote Address From Charlie Hall. Dr. Charlie Hall, Professor and Ellison Chair in International Floriculture, Texas A&M, will discuss “Factors Affecting Short And Long-Term Demand In The Future.” He will provide vital information that will guide the green industry as it formulates strategic marketing plans for the future.
• Retailers’ Choice Awards. All retailers are invited to participate in this popular program. Sponsored by The Garden Center Group, and led this year by Sid Raisch, retailers will scour the show floor to find the best new green goods and hard goods on the market today. Products deserving special recognition for their vision, new products retailers plan to add to their inventory mix, and products/services with a new approach to an old formula will be recognized in an awards presentation in the Idea Center for Retailers on Friday, August 26.