Tidal Creek Growers Up Close And Personal [Photo Gallery]

Tidal Creek Growers has grown from a 2 acre contract operation in Earleville, Md., to 621,455 square feet of environmentally controlled greenhouse space, 6 acres of shadehouses and 11 acres of field production. While 35 percent of the business is still contract growing, direct sales to independent garden centers account for the other 65 percent. Two locations in Earleville and Davidsonville, Md., service the needs of customers in the Mid-Atlantic region.

In the springtime, the Earlville facility is mostly dedicated to contract growers. Half of the contracts are picked up on the dock, and the other half are delivered using hired contract haulers that pull Tidal Creek Grower’s trailers. Production at the Davidsonville operation is almost entirely independent garden center business and landscapers. Deliveries are fairly local, so box trucks are used for easy access in and out of smaller parking lots.

Tidal Creek Growers has three brands that are sold exclusively to retail garden centers. Ashley’s Annuals is a premium line of items like New Guinea Impatiens, lantana and geraniums. The perennial line is called Grace’s Gardens, and Emma’s Ornamentals is a 3-gallon program of hydrangeas and buddleias. Chef Jeff rounds out the brands with a line of vegetables and herbs.

As one of the newest growers to make Greenhouse Grower’s Top 100 Growers list at No. 98, Tidal Creek is a sharp operation dedicated to delivering high-quality products and top-notch customer service Check out this photo gallery to see the Davidsonville and Earlville facilities and learn more about the operation.

 

 

 

Topics: , , ,

Leave a Reply

More From Top 100 Growers...
Botany-Lane-Tropical

November 20, 2017

Botany Lane Greenhouses Announces Expansion Into Young Plants

Botany Lane, a producer of finished tropical plants, succulents, and specialty annuals in the Western U.S., recently announced it is expanding to provide young plants for growers and grower-retailers.

Read More
Damarys-Mora-Crawford-Costa-Farms

November 16, 2017

Costa Farms’ New Marketing Director Eager to Tap Into Changing Consumer Needs

In her new position, Damarys Mora Crawford will lead Costa Farms’ marketing team and create and execute strategic marketing initiatives to support continued sales growth for the company’s retail customers.

Read More
Speedling-Environmental-Award

November 9, 2017

Speedling Wins Environmental Leadership Award From Florida Ag Commissioner

Speedling has eight nurseries throughout the country and two in Florida, where moisture levels are carefully analyzed to improve performance and consistency of transplant operations.

Read More