Suntory Reveals Its 2014 Consumer Advertising Plans
To help growers and retailers prepare for the coming spring season, Suntory Flowers announces its multimedia consumer advertising plans for 2014.
Leading lifestyle publications where advertising will appear include:
• Better Homes & Gardens – April issue (Sun Parasol)
• Southern Living – March issue (Sun Parasol)
• Sunset – March issue (Sun Parasol) – Plus an extensive digital campaign March through May beginning with Senetti, then transitioning to Sun Parasol.
Publications that already engage the avid gardener, where advertising will appear include:
• Country Gardens – Early Spring (Senetti) and Spring (Sun Parasol) back covers
• Fine Gardening – January/February (Senetti), March/April (Senetti), May/June (Sun Parasol) issues and the Container Gardening issue (Sun Parasol). A multi-faceted digital campaign will run March through May, starting with Senetti and then transitioning to Sun Parasol, while also featuring key annuals in The Suntory Collection.
• Inspirations – the official publication published by the ECGC alliance of garden centers – Early Spring (Senetti) and Spring/Summer (Sun Parasol) back covers.
• National Gardening Association – monthly enewsletter sponsorship January-March
(The Suntory Collection)
Suntory will run a weekly campaign in the Garden Writers Association’s Clippings eNewsletter from January through September to promote The Suntory Collection, along with Senetti and Sun Parasol. The company will also continue its partnership with Garden Media Group.
“Growers and retailers will want to make sure they are stocked up on Suntory varieties,” says Delilah Onofrey, who supports Suntory’s marketing efforts in North America through Flower Power Marketing. “There is nothing more frustrating for retailers than when a customer comes in seeking a plant she saw in a magazine but it’s not available. Our goal is to build brand recognition to help growers and retailers sell more plants and benefit from the demand Suntory is creating.”