The University of Massachusetts and Massachusetts Flower Growers have put together a day of education and tours peeping at poinsettias on Tuesday, Oct. 16.
The day will begin with poinsettia grower open houses from 8 to 10:15 a.m. at The Flower Hutch and King Farm in Townsend and Quality Plant Growers in Leominster.
Then seminars will follow at King Farm featuring:
- John Bell of Green Leaf Perennials on “Must Have Perennials For 2008″
- Emeritus Professor John Bartok of University of Connecticut on “Preparing Your Greenhouses To Save Money On your Heating Bill”
- A catered lunch with an association business meeting and raffle
- Douglas Cox of University of Massachusetts On “Late Season Use of Growth Regulators on Poinsettias”
- Tina Smith of University of Massachusetts on “What’s This About Q Biotype Whiteflies?”
- And Jerry Gorchel from PanAmerican Seed on new seed items for 2008
For more information, contact Bob Luczai, Massachusetts Flower Growers Association at 781-275-4811.