Green Fuse Botanical’s New Introductions: 2012 New Varieties Guide
- Agastache ‘Acapulco Deluxe Dark Blue’
- Angelonia ‘Actors Purple Improved’
- Anigozanthos Joe Joe series – three colors
- Begonia ‘Gum Drops Coco Red’
- Cordyline ‘Electric Star’
- Dianthus ‘Constant Beauty Pink’
- Gaillardia Lunar series – two colors
- Gaura Bantam series – two colors
- Ipomoea ‘Sweet Georgia Bullfrog’
- Petunia Blanket series – two colors
- Petunia ’Good and Plenty Night Life’
- Salvia nemerosa Swifty series – three colors
- Scaevola Scampi series – two colors
- Streptocarpus Ladyslipper series – two colors
- Sutera (syn. Bacopa) ‘Betty Pink’
- Veronica Vernique series – four colors
Sutera (Bacopa) Betty™ Pink
This stunning new variety features soft pink flowers with a dark rose eye. The Betty™ Sutera hybridization developed very large flowers and will showcase color over the entire mounded canopy. Last summer in comparison trials across the country, the Betty™ series demonstrated they could maintain flower color under hot conditions. Mature height is 4 inches to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm).
Petunia Blanket® Lemon Glow
This series of Petunia ‘blankets’ containers or landscape beds with an abundance of color. The Blanket® Petunias true value is in the landscape performance. The smaller-sized flowers are self cleaning and will weather heat, humidity and rain maintaining it tidy appearance. The new variety, Lemon Glow has great appeal with shades of Yellow and Rose. Garden height is 4 inches to 6 inches (10 cm to 15 cm) with a spread of 20 inches to 36 inches (51 cm to 91cm) at maturity.
Gaura Bantam™ Pink
Gaura tolerates heat and humidity in even the toughest regions presenting a whimsical look in the garden. The Bantam™ series is unique compared to other genetics on the market for its compact flower stems and color presentation. Gaura Bantam™ is successfully produced in many different container sizes from 5” (quart) to 2 gallon. Garden height is 12 inches to 18 inches (31 cm to 46 cm). Zone 5 Hardiness.
Streptocarpus Ladyslippers® Blue-White Center
Green Fuse promotes Streptocarpus Ladyslippers® as a ‘lifestyle plant.’ They make great house plants that will also perform outdoors on a shaded patio or in shade mixed containers. Ladyslippers® will continue to flower indoors at a window for months after purchase giving the end consumer true value. The newly introduced Blue-White Center has dark blue wings with a creamy white center offering a striking contrast in colors. They can be successfully produced in 5.5 inches (14 cm) containers to 8 inches (20 cm) color bowls for a great retail appeal.