Among thousands of new variety introductions, Greenhouse Grower magazine and its panel of industry members select a few varieties that have the potential to make a significant difference for our industry, including one or all of the following qualifications:
- Have qualities that will make production easier or more efficient for growers
- Have ample quantity available for realistic production
- Appeal to the changing consumer in new or unique ways
- Be a completely new and viable variety or series we haven’t seen before.
Greenhouse Grower‘s Medal Of Excellence – Editor’s Choice Finalists
Three Medal Of Excellence Awards are presented
- The Readers’ Choice Award is voted on by our readers, who vote both online and at the AmericanHort Cultivate’14 in July. Breeders submit their top plants for consideration for this award. Voting is now open at GreenhouseGrower.com/ReadersChoice.
- The Industry’s Choice Award is selected by a panel of industry members who attend Spring trials and saw introductions in person.
- The Editor’s Choice Award is chosen by Greenhouse Grower Editor Laura Drotleff.
Winners of all three awards, along with awards for Medal of Excellence In Marketing and Industry Achievement, will be announced July 14 at the Evening Of Excellence at Cultivate’14 in Columbus, OH. Please plan to join us!
Greenhouse Grower‘s Medal Of Excellence – Industry’s Choice Nominees
2014 Industry’s Choice Panelists
- The Metrolina Team: Abe Van Wingerden, Sim McMurray, Mark Yelanich
- The Welby Gardens Team: Al Gerace, Marty Gerace, John Gerace, Mandy Foster
- The Mast Young Plants Team: Jim Raterink, Laura Robles, Brian Weesies
- The Raker Team: Susie Raker, Steve Reed
- Vaughn Fletcher, McHutchison
- Mike Duvall, The Home Depot
- Allan Armitage, Plant Guru, Greenhouse Grower Contributor
- Laura Drotleff, Greenhouse Grower Editor