Through a special outreach program, OFA has partnered with Michigan State University (MSU) and leading trade press editors to bring the California Pack Trials to the Michigan Greenhouse Growers Expo on Nov. 6.
There is no place like the California Pack Trials to be captivated by new plants and the potential they could bring to your bottom line. But not everyone has the opportunity to go, adn those who do are often overwhelmed by the range and volume of options.
Join editors Delilah Onofrey of Greenhouse Grower, Dave Kuack of GM Pro, Catie Evans of Green Profit and Tim Hodson of GPN along with MSU’s Dr. Art Cameron and Ball Horticultural Co.’s Will Healy as they highlight the “Cream of the California Pack Trials Crop” in your own backyard. Instead of paying the expense to fly out to California for a week, this bargain is yours for $60.
Registration deadline is Monday, Oct. 22. Download the registration form here.
The Michigan Greenhouse Growers Expo itself will offer two days of education with a trade show at Lansing Center in Lansing, Mich., Nov. 6 and 7.
Retail Grower Sessions on the sixth include:
- Most effective research-based controls for disease and insects with Dr. Mary Hausbeck, plant pathologist, and Dr. Dave Smitley, entomologist.
- A grower panel on designing and growing mixed containers
- The future of the floriculture industry presented by Dr. Marvin Miller of Ball Horticultural Co. and grower Kerry Herndon, Kerry’s Bromeliad Nursery and Twyford
- How plug size and lighting impact bedding plant scheduling with MSU’s Dr. Ryan Warner
- Using biocontrol for insects int he greenhouse by MSU Extension Agent Jeannie Himmelein
Wholesale grower sessions on the seventh include:
- Most effective research-based controls for diseases and insects with Hausbeck and Smitley
- Marketing ideas to reach the next generation by MSU’s Dr. Bridget Behe and Will Carlson Jr. of Flower PR
- MSU floriculture research update by Cameron
- Yes, LEAN is for you! Taking the waste out of production by Gary Hudson
- And finally, the good, the bad adn the obscene—a survey of crop challenges in 2007 by three MSU Extension agents
For more information on the Michigan Greenhouse Growers Expo, contact Robin Smith at 800-878-5131.