Our guest today is Jason Twaddell. Jason was one of the first guests on STEM almost a year ago, episode number 3. And he’s back to tackle a completely different topic this time. Jason is Sales and Marketing Manager with Ball FloraPlant and Selecta One, companies that sit on the cutting edge of new genetics in the vegetative world and also understand the importance of trialing for many reasons we will explore during this episode. Jason will dig into the Why, What and When of trialing in an effort to highlight the importance of this critical piece of the growing puzzle. With margins getting narrower and the tolerance for inefficiency and shrink dropping to near zero, trialing and testing new genetics before replacing existing varieties is more important than ever.
Some of the topics he covers include trialing to solve problems and not just to evaluate what’s new; improving labor–intensive processes and the importance of an internal champion to maximize resources. Jason details the steps to take when implementing an effective trial strategy and also how to plan and prioritize to achieve the goals you set. This episode is appropriate for many roles in your greenhouse operation from management to section growers. Getting your team aligned when putting trials in place is critical to the whole process.
Check out Jason’s previous podcast episode!
STEM Episode 3: Executing Your Plan with Priority and Timeliness
Ball FloraPlant & Selecta One Resources:
- Ball FloraPlant Territory Managers: https://www.ballfloraplant.com/BFP/Team.aspx
- Ball FloraPlant Website: https://www.ballfloraplant.com/
- Ball FloraPlant YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BallFloraPlant
- Ball FloraPlant Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bfpsocial/
- BFP TV: https://www.ballfloraplant.com/BFPTV/
- Product Growing Culture: https://www.ballfloraplant.com/Culture/
- Current Ball FloraPlant virtual catalog: https://www.ballseed.com/Virtual/2019_BFP/index.aspx
- Selecta One North America Website: http://selectanorthamerica.com/
Email Guest Jason Twaddell: [email protected]
Email Host Bill Calkins: [email protected]
Tweet Host Bill Calkins: @billcalkins
Connect with Ball Seed on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ball-seed-co/
Follow The Gardens at Ball on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GardensAtBall/
See Ball Seed Videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/BallSeedVideo