Precision Irrigation Controller Helps Improve Watering Efficiency
With quality standards high and little room for error in a commercial greenhouse setting, the watering tools you use, the watering techniques you make use of, and the timing of your irrigation applications can be the difference between success and failure.
Automating an irrigation system has many advantages. Chiefly, controllers allow you to align your watering schedules more closely to the needs of your plants. With precision control, you determine when to water and how much to apply, which helps eliminate overwatering and conserves water from an environmental standpoint.
Plus, saving on water ultimately saves you money. Then there is the convenience from a time and effort standpoint of being able to program a controller to keep watering schedules on track, especially during the busy season.
The Smart Irrigation Controller from Growlink is one tool that can help make irrigation easier to manage and more precise.
Growers can use the Smart Irrigation Controller as a standalone device or in conjunction with other Growlink products. It has four sensor inputs and four relays, which can control valves and pumps, and it includes preset calibrations for rockwool and soil mediums. Growers of larger operations can expand the system by adding extra controllers, with the ability to control up to 1,000 controllers per operation. Sensor probes monitor soil moisture, temperature, and electrical conductivity.
• Wi-Fi connected
• Controlled by smartphone, no PC required
• Data saved to Growlink cloud
• Comprehensive control of irrigation systems and application methods
• Built-in modeling of water demand, including light accumulation, evapotranspiration, leachate volumes, and EC measurement
• 4 Outputs for control of any type of pump, irrigation valve, flood floor, flood table, or watering boom
• 4 Inputs for all types of moisture sensors and crop water status indicators
• Expand with remote power links for controlling additional devices
• Expand to multiple facilities, rooms, and zones with additional controllers
• Works with Growlink Smart Data — cloud-based predictive analytics
• Improve crop quality and yield
• Optimize water use by reducing over-watering, under-watering, and run-off
• Minimize input costs of water, fertigation, or effluent
• Reduce energy costs for fuel and electricity
• Meet environmental regulations by controlling where and how much you irrigate
• Comes with one EC-5 Small Soil Moisture Sensor
• Works for rockwool and soil and most
• Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n @ 2.4GHz
• 802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz Mesh Network
• Wi-Fi connection with Internet access
• Growlink App on phone or tablet with iOS 8 or later, or Android 4 or later
• Latest version of Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer on Mac OS X v10.9 or later and Windows 7 or later