All-America Selections Summer Summit In Madison, WI, Will Offer Display Garden Tours And Much More
All-America Selections (AAS) and National Garden Bureau are teaming up for the 2016 AAS Summer Summit. This year’s summit, which takes place Aug. 24-26, will take attendees to Madison, WI, the “Land of Locally Grown.”
Based on the number of its farmers’ markets, community supported agriculture programs, and food hubs, TakeApart.com ranked Wisconsin eight in states where it’s easy to eat locally. As a way of supporting the locally grown movement, tour attendees will not only see AAS Trials and Display Gardens, they will also be able to check out local businesses and see and hear from the leaders of Wisconsin’s locally grown movement.
Who Should Attend?
• Judges should attend to network with other judges and see how the AAS trials look in another region.
• Display garden coordinators will want to attend to network with their peers as well as the All-America Selections board and staff as they tour local gardens in and around Madison.
• Growers will be interested in learning about Epic Systems’ sustainable landscape and the latest trends in locally grown.
The Schedule at a Glance
• Wednesday, August 24: Wisconsin-style opening reception at Sprecher’s Pub
• Thursday, August 25: Tours of the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s West Madison Research Station; Epic Systems Sustainable landscape; A.P. Whaley Seeds; Allen Centennial Garden; and a group dinner
• Friday, August 26: Judge’s meeting and Organizational Updates; tours of Olbrich Botanical Gardens, Rotary Botanic Gardens; an AAS awards banquet.
Registration for the summer summit is now open.