The 2013 All-America Selections Summer Summit Tours Canadian Trials
All-America Selections and Stokes Seeds, William Dam Seeds and the University of Guelph AAS trial sites have planned an educational two-day event in the Niagara Peninsula from August 12 to 14.
Stops on the Summer Summit include:
• Container trials at horticultural supplier JVK in St. Catharines
• AAS Flower, Bedding Plant and Vegetable Trials at Stokes Seeds’ Research Farm
• Vineland Research Station for tours and demonstrations of an ethnic vegetable breeding program, its drought tolerance breeding and more
• Niagara College Teaching Winery, which is the center for wine (and beer) education in the Niagara Peninsula
• Ball’s Falls Conservation Area to appreciate the beauty of the Niagara Escarpment
• University of Guelph’s AAS Bedding Plant and Flower trials
• William Dam Seeds in Dundas for tours of its AAS Vegetable Trials and seed packaging facility
• The Royal Botanical Gardens, Canada’s largest botanical garden
• And the Summer Summit wrap-up event, the Awards Banquet. This year’s honoree for the Breeder’s Cup Award is Mr. Rob Johnston Jr. of Johnny’s Selected Seeds, breeder of famous AAS Winners such as ‘Baby Bear’ pumpkin, ‘Bon Bon’ squash, ‘Carmen’ pepper and many more. AAS will also announce the honoree for the AAS Medallion of Honor.
Full Registration for the 2013 All-America Selections Summer Summit is USD $350, USD $450 after July 19.
For registration and travel details, visit the AAS Summer Summit website.