If you have a floriculture research project that needs to be funded, the American Floral Endowment (AFE) wants to help. AFE is calling for research pre-proposal applications for 2015-2016 funding. Submissions are due no later than June 1, 2014.
Research projects can last from one to three years and any reasonable — but justifiable — budget will be considered. For the current 2014-2015 cycle, AFE will fund more than $250,000 in research.
Scientific Research Project Examples:
• Management protocols for floriculture crops
• Management systems for diseases of floriculture crops
• Management systems for insects affecting floriculture crops
• Postharvest management systems for floriculture and plant breeding
• Genetic engineering of floriculture crops