Nominations Announced for IPM Essen Show Your Colours Variety Awards
A total of 11 plants have been nominated for the Show Your Colours Award, which will be presented at IPM Essen 2019 on January 24.
The Show Your Colours Award IPM was introduced to encourage participants in the event to put their products with added value under the spotlight. The nominated plants distinguish themselves from other products by leaf color, shape, name, the fruit they bear, tolerance to drought and heat, and sustainability. All of the exhibitors at IPM Essen with woody plants and perennials were able to submit plants or plant concepts for the award.
The following 11 plants/plant concepts have been nominated for the Show Your Colours Award IPM 2019 (in alphabetical order):
• Camellia japonica ‘Winter Perfume Pink’ and ‘Winter Perfume Pearl’ (Van Son & Koot)
• Cordyline Mix (About Plants Zundert)
• Corokia virgata ‘Maori Green’ and ‘Maori Silver’ (Addenda)
• Cyclamen persicum ‘Indiaka’ (Morel Diffusion SAS)
• Dianthus ‘Pink Kisses’ (Selecta One)
• Hydrangea macrophylla x H. scandens ‘French Bolero’ (Vegepolys)
• Laurus nobilis ‘Feel Green Kitchen Bay’ (GOVA Decorum)
• Lavandula intermedia ‘Phenomenal’ (Joh. Stolwijk & Söhne)
• Strawberry ‘Lucky Berry’ (Diederk Heinje e.a.)
• Rubus Mix (Jungheim Boomkwekerijen)
• Wonder Tree fruit trees (Fruithof)
The nominated plants will be on display during the event, and all visitors will be able to vote for their favorite plan. The plants and their stories will then be judged by a professional jury, and the verdict of the jury together with the visitors’ votes will ultimately determine a winner.
The Show Your Colours Award IPM 2019 is a collaboration between IPM Essen and BIZZ Communications.