The Acme Group recently announced its new line of recyclable Agrifabrics and plant plug substrate, PlugEase. The products make recycling affordable for greenhouse growers, farmers and horticulturalists.
“PlugEase is a USA produced seedling plug substrate material that has proven itself without peer when used in large-scale growing operations,” says Matt Utley, director of sales.
A sample offering of Acme’s technical AG textiles include:
• Ground Cover/Landscape Fabrics: Ideal for blocking moisture and repelling weeds.
• Plant Protection Cloth: Plant protection fabrics used in the early spring and late fall to extend the growing season in slightly inclement weather.
• Erosion Control Fabrics: Provide soil stabilization and protection in a multitude of diverse environments.
• Winter Protection Textiles: Protects your plants, annuals and vegetables from severe cold, frost and freezing temperatures.
• PlugEase – Plant Plug Textiles: Developed specifically for large-scale greenhouse operations in automated planting/germination systems.
All of the above products are completely recyclable or biodegradable, eliminating worries about disposal or landfill fees. Acme specifically engineered all of their agricultural textiles to be a part of a cradle-to-cradle process that allows used material to be cleaned, recycled and made back into useable products.
“Now commercial growers are offered an alternative to putting their used textile waste in the ground,” says Utley. “Instead of heading to a landfill, the materials are recycled back into usable products.”
In a typical application, Acme will deliver the textiles to a grower and set up a customized system to reclaim them when their usefulness is over.
“PlugEase is a plug production substrate produced in the USA under strict ISO quality standards,” says Alan Rygiel, vice president of Ag Products. “PlugEase preserves the delicate plant mix by enhancing aeration, porosity and drainage – essential elements for high production greenhouses and farm environments. Air and water content of the plant mix is consistently sustained with the PlugEase substrate.”
For more information about PlugEase, visit the Acme Group website.