Local Florists Celebrate Women’s Day and SAF Promotes Occasion With New Video
For the third year in a row, local florists across the United States, in conjunction with CalFlowers (California Association of Flower Growers and Shippers) and ASOCOLFLORES (the Association of Colombian Flower Exporters), have joined together in support of a national campaign called Love, Honor, Respect, in celebration of International Women’s Day, March 8. The date is an occasion to recognize and celebrate the influence and achievements of women throughout history and today, from business to politics, athletics to philanthropy, to celebrity and the mom next door. More than 100 nations recognize Women’s Day and 35 have declared it a national holiday with thousands of events held by civic organizations, governments, charities, educational institutions, women’s groups, corporations, and the media.
“The mission of Women’s Day Holiday campaign is to provide a platform for the community to show respect, appreciation, and love for all the amazing women who make a difference in our lives on a daily basis,” says Michael LoBue, CEO of CalFlowers.
The promotion includes the launch of a national Women’s Day Holiday website,as well as a Women’s Day Holiday social media campaign on Facebook. The campaign encourages the community to nominate the special women in their life to receive free flowers by sharing stories of love, honor and respect.
“Every woman deserves Love, Honor and Respect,” says Cheryl Denham, CEO of Arizona Family Florist in Phoenix, AZ. “Whether mother or daughter, young or old, amazing women deserve to be honored on Women’s Day, March 8. In addition to recognizing and celebrating the achievements of women, our goal is to raise awareness for the non-profit organization, Where Hope Lives.
The purpose of Where Hope Lives is to rescue trafficking victims, offering them love, hope and a way off the streets. Established in 2009, the non-profit Where Hope Lives, formerly The Rescue Project, is a national leader in the rescue, recovery, and prevention of human trafficking, and relies on donations and support from both the public and private sector. In addition to helping raise awareness, the floral community donates flowers year round that are used in their heroic outreach efforts. Learn more about the organization and donate directly at the Where Hope Lives website.
SAF Promotes Women’s Day With New Video, Social Media
The Society of American Florists (SAF) is making the promotion of International Women’s Day easy with strategic advice, a promotional video, graphics, suggested social media text, and more for its members. SAF will promote Women’s Day flowers on social media. Simply share Facebook.com/AboutFlowers posts and Twitter.com/FlowerFactor tweets. In addition, SAF will run paid promotions of a new YouTube video to help raise awareness of flowers for the occasion.
To help members promote their shops and flowers for Women’s Day, SAF’s Women’s Day Resource Center provides suggested sample messages to post on Facebook. Here are a few of them:
• Watch what happens when women get a surprise. Women’s Day is March 8th. #petalitforward https://youtu.be/xNtizYdI3zE
• Celebrate Women’s Day on March 8. Honor, respect and love translate so beautifully with flowers. (Link to your website)
• We can help you say THANK YOU this Women’s Day, March 8. (Link to your website)
• Women’s Day is March 8. Giving flowers is a sophisticated way to recognize workplace accomplishments. A mixed floral arrangement of reds, rich oranges and fuchsias inspires and energizes. (Link to your website)
• Women’s Day is March 8. Make your wife smile! Send her special flowers. What are her favorite – the varieties at your wedding, flowers you sent her when you first started dating or the ones she buys for herself? What is her favorite color? (Link to your website)