Take A Look Around The New GreenhouseGrower.com
I’M sometimes asked what role magazines will play in the future as the world becomes more technological. My belief is that magazines will likely have a place, but their role will be quite different.
If you think about it, technology is already changing the way we deliver information to you. For some of you, the magazine is still the first place you get your information from us. But, judging from the 20,000 people who receive our BenchRunner eNewsletter and the nearly 1 million page views we had on our website last year, the Web is the place Greenhouse Grower readers are going for their information first.
Because so many of you are invested in Greenhouse Grower online, we’ve invested in a brand-new website you can now check out at GreenhouseGrower.com. The new site is better designed to put the information you need to run your business right at your fingertips. To get you acclimated to the site, here are some of the some cool new things you’ll find there:
– New Navigation. The site’s improved navigation includes topic-focused sections to help you quickly drill down to subjects you’re looking for. Topic-specific sections include Varieties, Plant Culture, Crop Inputs, Structures & Equipment, Business Management, Top 100, Video and Greenhouse Grower’s new Grow Initiative. Fifteen popular genera, from begonia to verbena, will also get their own exclusive pages.
– Better Search. Users have the ability to easily refine search results. Filter by relevancy, date and article/video to quickly find the information you desire.
– Related Content. Links to other relevant articles and videos are prominently featured throughout the new GreenhouseGrower.com, including on our top story “widgets” and on every article page. These links offer more headlines related to topics of interest, providing you a more rewarding online experience.
– Most Viewed/Most Commented Lists. You can view the most popular headlines on GreenhouseGrower.com via these lists featured throughout the website. Discover which articles and videos other users find most interesting so you’re in the loop.
– Streaming Video. Users can browse videos by category to easily find the latest industry interviews, event coverage and new product launches. You can also share GreenhouseGrower.com videos through social media and even embed the content on your own websites.
– Social Media. You can participate in the latest conversations about greenhouse floriculture via our Twitter feed and Facebook page, as well as follow grower-related discussions on our exclusive online forum, Fresh Air Forum.
– Post A Comment. If an article piques your interest or makes you think of something, you can add it to the article. This is a great tool to allow our audience to participate in the content — not just consume it. To post a comment, simply enter your name and e-mail.
Be sure to explore the new website to check out these features and a whole lot more. We want the website to be everything you need as a greenhouse grower to help you manage your businesses. If you have any thoughts, questions or constructive comments you’d like to share, send me a note at [email protected]