8 Opportunities to Help You Prepare for the Spring Growing Season
The New England Greenhouse Extension Programs will be presenting eight webinars in early 2018 to help growers get started on the 2018 growing season.
The webinars will be 30 minutes long, and take place every Wednesday at noon (the first one launched on January 17). All webinars are free thanks to Sun Gro Horticulture and The Blackmore Company, who are sponsoring the program.
The New England Greenhouse webinar series is a collaborative effort of the University of Massachusetts Extension Greenhouse and Floriculture program, the University of Connecticut Greenhouse Research and Extension Program, and the University of New Hampshire Extension Greenhouse Program.
Here’s a brief rundown of the webinar schedule:
• Growing Strong Roots From the Start — Plugs and Rooted Cuttings (Jan. 17); presented by Roberto Lopez, Ph.D., Michigan State University
• Root-Borne Pathogens: Identification and Control (Jan. 24); presented by Rosa E. Raudales, Ph.D., University of Connecticut
• Fungicide Drenches (Jan. 31); presented by Kerri Stafford, Head Grower, Cavicchio Greenhouses
• Understanding the Components of Growing Media (Feb. 7); presented by James Altland, Ph.D., USDA-ARS
• Managing pH in Growing Media (Feb. 14); presented by Ryan Dickson, Ph.D., University of New Hampshire
• Using Mineral Nutrition to Prevent Root-Borne Pathogens (Feb. 28); presented by Wade Elmer, Ph.D., Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
• Root Critters: Identification and Control (March 7); presented by Dan Gilrein, Ph.D., Cornell University
• Insecticide Drenches (March 14); presented by Rick Yates, Technical Manager, Griffin Greenhouse Supplies